Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

So, I know a lot of you who read my blog aren't American, and so you might not know that this weekend we have our Independence Day (then again, you might have seen the movie with that name and know all about it. For the record, it is usually celebrated with fireworks, not an alien invasion).

Sarah made me sit in front of this flagpole the other day on our walk so she could take my picture. I think it's supposed to show me as patriotic. Mostly it was just embarrassing. People stared.

The best thing about this for me? It means Sarah has a three day weekend, and we're going to go up to Wisconsin! I'm super excited, but not really because of the three day weekend.

The real reason I'm excited? Sarah is going to Minnesota next week, and I get to spend the entire week at my grandparents' house without her!

According to this map, a significant portion of Minnesota is constantly experiencing winter. Of course, northern Wisconsin has been taken over by a giant bird (which I can only assume is supposed to be a loon, as it looks nothing like an actual loon), so I probably should not rely on this map as an accurate representation of the state.

This is an awesome development in my life. While Sarah is camping with her sister (who has a cat and is therefore probably not to be entirely trusted), I am going to be having the best week ever! I have even started a list of things I am planning on doing:
  1. Chase the cats. I'm starting with the fat black one named Bubba (he's not in any of those pictures at the link, so you'll just have to trust me on what he looks like). He's not just fat, he's the only one who has been declawed, so when he hits me in the nose, it doesn't hurt, it's just funny.
  2. Lie in the fountain. It's how I imagine heaven. Wet, cool, and stinky.
  3. Sneak into the living room and lie on the leather couch. Oh man, I have been wanting to do this FOREVER. I'll have to hide from my grandma when I do this, because I'm pretty sure she has the same ideas about me being on the couch as Sarah does. Neither of them approve.
  4. Catch the skunk. There is a skunk living at my grandparents' house. So far, my attempts to catch him have come up empty. But I'm feeling like next week may finally be my week...
  5. TBD. After all, I don't want to plan the entire week. You never know what sort of things might happen, so it's best to keep an open mind about what you will be doing.
Anyway, as you can see, it's going to be a great week. I can't wait! Unfortunately, I saw Sarah sneak something into the house the other night that she obviously didn't want me to see. I am quite worried that it has something to do with her viewing of Extreme Poodles. I swear, if she is going to ruin my best week ever, there will be highly unpleasant consequences for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment